SURFSIDE III CONDOMINIUM ASSOCIATION
October 9th 2010
I. CALL TO ORDER at 10:50am
II. ROLL CALL
Bill Betts, President - Present
Ira Green, Vice President - Present
Michael Madrigal, Secretary - Present
Skip Perry, Treasurer - Absent
Bob Banfill, Director - Present
Scott Walker, Manager - Present
Carol Short, Assist. Manager - Present
II. GUESTS / PRESENTATIONS
III. CONSENT AGENDA
IV. APPROVAL / ADDITIONS TO AGENDA
V. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
· Approval of September, 2010 Minutes – Ira Green made motion to approve, Bob Banfill second, all approved.
VI. OFFICER REPORTS
· President: - Bill Betts presented homeowners with a State of the Association Power Point Presentation on the financial status of Surfside III. Dues may be raised to approximately $480 in July, 2011. On the website click HERE to view the presentation.
· Vice President – Ira Green stated that the CC&R’s will need to be changed in order to incorporate the Crime Free Program. Changes in the Rules & Regulations are not adequate.
· Treasurer: Bill Betts reviewed financial summary handout to homeowners
VII. COMMITTEE REPORTS
· CC&R / Rules and RegulationsClubhouse
Katie is requesting $2,500 for new couch/love seat/end table for the clubhouse – Bill Betts made motion to move request to 2011 budget, Ira Green second, all agreed.
Neighborhood Watch – Val Lameka said that the
IX. MANAGER’S REPORT
Balcony clearing for Building Envelope work – Scott Walker advised homeowners that
balconies/patios in Building 8 with remaining items on them need to be removed
immediately. The on-site office sent out several notices to homeowners for
Buildings 8 and 12 and advised them to remove all items. Since some items on
the balconies/patios still remain,
X. OLD BUSINESS
· Bike Room Key – In August meeting the Board voted to sell keys at $20. Because it is a special key which costs $16, Bill Betts made motion to sell at $20, Ira green second and all approved.
XI. NEW BUSINESS
Aeration – Scott Walker reviewed 3 bids:
Valley Crest - $1487.50; Seabreeze - $750; Stay Green - $600.
· Tree Trimming/Removals – Scott Walker reviewed bids. Valley Crest - $44,050; Treescapes - $33,725; Stay Green - $25,324. Bill Betts made motion to approve bid from Stay Green, Ira Green second, Bob Banfill agreed and Mike Madrigal abstained.
· Bi-Monthly Water Usage – Bill Betts reviewed water usage costs.
· SA Project Time-line – Scott Walker is developing time-line for Building Envelope which will be published on the Surfside III website. Correction: This is not a part of Special Assessment rather Building Envelope.
Port Hueneme Association Dues – Bill Betts reviewed other
· Ron Burns Retiring – discuss options – Val Lameka reviewed and said that he retiring on Dec. 26th. Recommended a certificate and a gift certificate. Bill Betts made a motion for a gift card for $150, Ira Green second and all approved. On-site office will pick up cake. Val Lameka will invite Ron Burns to Board meeting on Dec. 11th and will advise on-site office.
· SSIII Joining CAI – discussion – Board review. No change.
· Low Flow Shower Heads – Scott Walker reviewed and will work with Steve Hickox on water savings.
· Approval of Liens – Bill Betts made motion to approve, Ira Green second, all approved.
XIII. OPEN FORUM – (1) Homeowner discussions. (2) Vector control will be at the November meeting; (3) Annual elections’ meeting in November.
XIV. NEXT MEETING
· Saturday November 13th, 2010, 10:00am in the Clubhouse.
XIV. MEETING ADJOURNED 12:30pm
The Board of Directors will adjourn into executive session to discuss matters of personnel, legal and contractual natures.